Inference with Mrs Shepherd

On Monday morning Mrs Shepherd came into our class to teach us about inference.

We learned that inference is something that the author wants you to know but wants you to figure it out yourself.

Mrs Shepherd read us a story called “city dog country frog” (we have not used capital letters because the author didn’t in the title). 

Mrs Shepherd gave us a sheet of paper.  We had to write  “I think that the author wants me to understand that …” and “My evidence is …”.

Sam said “I think that the author wants me to understand that country frog has died and friends don’t last forever”.  “My evidence is frogs dont like Winter but they do like Spring so the frog should be back by Spring”.

Bethany said   “I think that the author wants me to understand that country frog and city dog are friends”.  “My evidence is people and animals can be friends no matter how different they are”.

Jesse said “I think the author wants me to understand  that the frog past away because it was too cold”.  “My evidence is it was Winter and it was too cold and the river was frozen”.

Thank you Mrs Shepherd for coming into our class and teaching us about inference.

One thought on “Inference with Mrs Shepherd

1. That was an excellent book 3/4B. I really enjoyed it. You’ve done some great reading between the lines here. Keep up the great work. Mr Mc 🙂