On Friday 24th April, grade 3/4B competed in the house cross country. We were lucky that the weather was fine and everybody gave 100% effort.
Some of 3/4B’s students finished in the top 4 and so will go on to compete at the district cross country.
Matthew finished first in his age group.
Chinta came in first and Jessie came 3rd, well done girls.
Ky was second and Maurice third in their age group, good job boys.
Carla finished first and Matilda was second, super effort girls.
We wish them well at the district cross country!
On the 23rd April, grade 3/4B made ANZAC biscuits. There was lots of excitement, pouring, measuring, mixing and fun had by the whole grade.
Here is our recipe, you should try to make them, they were yum!
1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of coconut
125g of butter
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
Sifter, saucepan, wooden spoon, baking tray, baking paper, cooling rack
1. Sift the flour into a bowl.
2. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the golden syrup, bicarbonate soda and water.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Place small balls of mixture onto a greased tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 175 degrees celsius.
6. Allow biscuits to cool and harden on rack.