On the 23rd April, grade 3/4B made ANZAC biscuits. There was lots of excitement, pouring, measuring, mixing and fun had by the whole grade.
Here is our recipe, you should try to make them, they were yum!
1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of coconut
125g of butter
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
Sifter, saucepan, wooden spoon, baking tray, baking paper, cooling rack
1. Sift the flour into a bowl.
2. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the golden syrup, bicarbonate soda and water.
4. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Place small balls of mixture onto a greased tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 175 degrees celsius.
6. Allow biscuits to cool and harden on rack.